I can afford the hotstick, I'm just cheap and can't justify the cost when it's being applied to a 28 year old H16.

Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it. I'm leaning towards the telescoping paint stick because I am cheap. I'm short, 5'4", so I might even be able to get away with a longer fixed length tiller extension.

My two issues of concern are:

1. It's noticeably heavier than it's 3 piece aluminum counterpart. Will the additional weight be an issue?

2. I'm not accustomed to boats that require trapping out, so I'm not sure on telescoping etiquette. The adjustment point for telescoping is at the base, will this be a nuisance when I have to adjust it to trap out?

Here is what I've got. 52" collapsed, 96" expanded. Uses a collar at the base, with a "cam action" to lock. I was planning to drill out the rivet and remove the threaded end. Then I plan to attach the connecting piece from the old tiller using an aluminum sleeve, glue, and rivets. The glue/ silicone would be to snug it up so it doesn't wiggle at the rivets.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Tri_X_Troll; 05/12/08 09:20 PM.

Ryan - H16 I prefer to go sailing because baseball, football, tennis, and golf only require 1 ball!