Michael,
<br>
<br>You don't mention what kind of boat you sail, but I don't think I'd recommend storing your jib in the furled position.
<br>
<br>I'm lucky enough to keep my boat rigged, and while I do keep it furled, as soon as I get a new jib, I will halt this process. Previous to me owning the boat, I believe that the owner may have kept it furled. My jib now has a permanent crease in the luff. Granted, my jib is on its seventh season, and is a bit of a rag, but I think the sail fabric has a "memory" of being furled. Probably what I'll do with a new jib, is furl it between Saturday and Sunday, and then take it down for during the week. I sail a Hobie 20, where the furler is optional, and may even consider going back to the standard forestay. I just can't decide. If the wind is honking, it's great to be able to furl the jib.
<br>
<br>As for stepping the mast with the easy step, if you have a captive ball mast base, that has to be rotated 90 degrees to raise the mast, than using the easy stepper is pretty simple. Just flatten the bracket on side of the EZ step, use two of the trap wires to eliminate side to side sway, then use a third trap wire to do the actual hoisting. That way, your forestay is completely free, and you'll have no trouble either hooking the bridles to the bridle tangs, or the forestay to the adjuster. If you use the forestay as your hoisting wire, then you have the obvious problem of how to hook it all together and remove the EZ stepper.
<br>
<br>Hope this is helpful.
<br>
<br>Fair winds,
<br>
<br>Tim Johnson
<br>Hobie 20 #541
<br>Bald Eagle Yacht Club, Fleet 52
<br>White Bear Lake, MN <br><br>

Attached Files
148- (32 downloads)

Tim D. Johnson Hobie 20 #690 Bald Eagle Yacht Club, Fleet 52 www.beyc.org