Tim,
<br>
<br>Thanks for the feedback.
<br>
<br>Its a SuperCat 19, and I think the RF setup is a bit different from yours... if memory serves, the H20 RF system has a luff track that furls the jib like a "big-boat", causing your crease, right? the SC19 jib's luff zippers around the headstay, so as long as I don't try to tension the sheet while I'm furling, I get a reasonably-loose furl that's pretty easy on the sail. To put it another way.... I think I do more damage rolling it foot-to-head without a competent helper.
<br>
<br>The jist of my question as far as sail damage goes was "will the snorklecover adequately contain and protect the furled sail as I cruise on down the road at 70 MPH?" My plan is to use bungee or velcro sailties to strap the furled sail to the mast at 4' intervals, so this thing will be catching lots of wind being stuck way up in the air like that.
<br>
<br>SC mast rotates free (but captured) on the ball as it's stepped, so yeah, I like your concept of using a trapline as the "stepping heastay". I might not need to, though, since supercats have the super-easy extendable shroud system that lets the mast come WAY forward (I gotta say it still FREAKS ME OUT to see it), so the mast holds itself forward with its own weight, and making the bridle connection is a snap.
<br>
<br>The inspiration for all of this stems from a shortcoming of the jib halyard system. the halyard comes back down inside the zippered luff, like a Prindle, but on the Prindle, it's a "dead" halyard that sister-clips in half because the jib is held up by the hook/ring system at the top of the headstay. on the supercat, the halyard is live and must be swapped out for a smaller line once the jib is hoisted, and then that smaller line cleats off as the tensioning member..... yeah, it kinda sucks. a lot of tying and untying involved. It's really my only complaint with the boat though, so I guess I should count my blessings.
<br>
<br>Again, thanks for the feedback.<br><br>

Attached Files
150- (27 downloads)