Kicking around the idea of a mast float for when I go on vacation.

During the week I'm usually the only boat on the water, speed boats on Saturdays, and the scows take over the lake on sundays.

I'm a little worried that she'll go over in white caps and I won't be able to get her back up. I thought about buying a righting bucket instead.

1) If I just buy the righting bucket, will I be able to get her back from full turtle. I weigh in at about 165 right now. 5'4"

2) If I just buy the baby bob, will I be able to get her back up off her side. Once again, I weigh in at about 165 and am 5'4".

3) I'm not buying both.

4) Has anyone devised a quick release system for the baby bob. I'll only use it when I'm the only boat on the lake.

1. Yep. Probably won't even need the bucket to get from turtle to normal capsize position. Use righting line to help balance/lean back on. BTW, in Banzilla's second sentence, I think he meant for you to stand on the (stern of the) leeward hull (not leeward bow). One last thought on turtling.....consider wearing shoes....standing on that upside down deck lip is murder.

2. Nope

3. Agree

4. Don't know

5. Make sure your mast is watertight, regardless.

Jerome Vaughan
Hobie 16
Clinton, Mississippi