My E-Mail to Mr. Capron

Jim,

Your organization has treated the entire multihull community with a great deal of disrespect. The vote against multihull participation in the Olympics was, for me the straw that broke the camel's back. Your organization will never see another dollar of MY hard earned money until you change that position.

Statistically speaking, there are very few sailors that need your organization more than you need them .
all you have really done is discouraged new sailors from competing.

One should know that if the "carrot and the sitck" didn't work, it is unlikely that the stick alone is going to be any more productive.

When begin listening to the sailors themselves, really LISTEN to what THEY want from the organization, and then respond in kind, making your organization relevant and beneficial to all, you will get the result you wish for.

Allowing the "old guard" to decide what THEY want, and then present it to the membership like we are supposed to swallow it like castor oil, then smile and say it tastes good hasn't worked thus far, why would you think that forcing sailors to swallow it is going to make it taste any better.

It seems to me that you have failed to take into consideration the "law of unintended consequences"

I rather suspect that in the long run, the result will not be what you had hoped for.

Stephen

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain