Speaking as a volunteer... you could not afford to pay for the time I put into sailing organizations.

I have a very dim view of freeloaders who don't join the organizations AND volunteer to make the organization succesful.

I can say the same thing. I spend countless hours each year supporting my Class, Fleet, Division, and National Organization. I do it out of a love for the sport and the boat. However should any one of those organizations treat me like a second class citizen, ignore my input, and then demand my money, I would vote with my feet and leave. To continue to belong and participate would, in my mind, imply that I approve of the way they are doing business.
I have been known to be a bit stiff necked about things of this nature, and at my age, I am unlikely to change.
This does not mean that I agree with everything that the organizations I do belong to says or does.
In my opinion, USSA has intentionally and with malice, treated the multihull community with an obvious lack of respect, that I cannot and will not contiune to ignore.

If that makes me a freeloader, so be it.

Stephen

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain