For the 2008/9 summer in australia, i am looking at getting the hulls on my taipan repainted. can anyone reccomend:
1: somewhere that will do this for me in either melbourne, sydney or geelong
2: anything (kevlar sheeting..?) that would increase the durability of the paint along the bottom of the hulls, as where we sail, crushed shells and general bits and pieces along the beach have a habit of scratching her viciously.
3: a price estimate of how much this usually costs.

thanks,
Alex

Do a search and look for a local supply of ceramkote 21(check spelling). It is a sprayable industrial coating of epoxy base with ceramic particles. I understand that it performs extremely well in terms of abrasion resistance and longevity and even a reduction in surface friction but may not give the 'Full Gloss'. If a good cosmetic finish is desirable look to use it on the underside of the hulls only.
I believe sunsail were using it on their charter fleet in the mediterranean in place of antifouling. Rather than have to haul the boats out and repaint anually they just used an in water boat scrub.
Do a catsailor search as I am sure it has been mentioned before and had pictures.

Cheshirecatman