I didn't get a chance to use a Loos gauge on the diamond wires. I'm the event chair for our Fleet's regatta and just didn't have the time. I really shouldn't even be sailing in my own event. Too much to do.

Conditions were semi gusty, and really shifty. At times I would be driving straight up to A-mark only to get knocked 30 degrees shortly later.

How high do you fly a hull with the chute up? It could have been the conditions but it seemed there is a sweet spot with only a few inches of the windward rudder in the water. And holy hell does it run fast and deep with it up like that!

We ran a semi open class. Basically a class for all the bastard boats in the fleet. i.e. a H17 w/ chute, 18SX w/ squaretop, and my boat. I managed to be ahead by who crossed the line first, but had it been handicapped I would've gotten my butt handed to me.

Sometime you gotta try this boat with wings. I haven't been trapping out with the chute up, just sitting on the wing. The last race today it really picked up. I was sitting all the way back where the back of the wing extends past the transom and it was still burying the bows frequently.

I also learned I can right my boat with a bag! I didn't drop the main traveller while dousing and the boat rounded up while I was dealing with some poor house keeping. Over she went, and straight into turtle. Which also taught me to keep it sheeted but dump the traveller and the boat rounds up on its own slowly while dousing. By the time the spinnaker is tucked away yank in the traveller while getting out on the wire and go.

I really need to get more racing in. I don't learn enough poking around the lake without marks, and other boats to gauge progress and screw ups.

I'm boatless.