I think the point is RACING!

Some of us just like to have fun without pre-entry, fees, exact start times and traveling all over the SE just to sail. I have other hobbies too. I ride a KTM 250 XCFW, I windsurf on a Bic Techno with a quiver of 7 sails and now I hobie cat sail.

Why do I want to travel 250 miles to race in winds of 5 to 10? I want to sail so I go when it blows. If they raced everytime it blowed good close by I would be there. Same is true for dirt bikes. Who wants to ride or race in sloppy mud. When it comes to windsurfing I want to plan. I don't want to slog I want to go fast and do carving jibe turns or at least try to do a carving jibe.

The only thing missing from my senerio is not a silver platter for a win but just plain old friendship while sailing, riding dirt bikes or windsurfing.

I never windsurf alone nor dirt bike alone nor hobie cat alone.

This is the reasoning behing saying that I could have fun if three of us were out there on a windy day. Not a non-windy prescheduled day. I am in it for the fun not the money. I am not even looking for recognition. Like I said just the fun of it.