Well, just back from the F18 worlds and what can I say.
I love all your comments on the event even if you haven't been there.
The conditions were difficult. We sailed in the low wind Nigran bay thnx to the organisation who failed to organize enough rescueboats to get us racing in the Vigo-bay as planned. So very little wind with strange surf (waves coming from 3 sides....) On thursday 20 knots windspeed and a lot of capsizes/damage. On friday low wind again.

The top three is okay. It reflects the constant performance of Coen de Koning and frenchman Cammas. Heemskerk had a big pitchpole on thursday which looked excellent from the beach. He couldn't handle the big gust. His BDF was BS. Even the startvideo showed that it wasn't his boat as witnesses stated later on.
It lookes to me that the Capricorn and Nacra Infusion are having an advantage in their shape when racing and especially starting, gibing and tacking in low wind and difficult surf conditions. In the long end and with more wind the Tiger has a higher endspeed. But hey, it are the people who make racing isn't it ?

It was my first Worlds and hopefully not my last. I expected more of a egoistic behaviour of the sailors but they helped us with setting up the boat and special thnxs to JC wo tuned our new spinaker. The boat was awesome with the spi.

Also Don did a tremendous job on trying to give all the sailors a fair share of racing when they were confronted with the crappy organisation.