Mike Dobbs have hauled his Tornado on an alu tilt trailer behind a Morris Mini. He did not mention any trouble.

We trailed our Tornado extensively with lots of gear behind a Ford Focus station wagon with a 1.6litre engine. No worries, just a bit slow going uphill.

Just watch out for local regulations on how much you can tow with a small car. There might be some legalese there.

I don't think there would be many hills where I intend to travel. Good to know the Ford Focus could do it.

Don't intend to have a tilt trailer, either. Too much windage.

I think the Mini Cooper might have more horsepower than the "compacts" I list, but at least there are those out there who have experience with this, so I know it's possible.

As for regulations, I am only aware of FL DOT rule that requires any trailer with more than one axle (or over a certain weight) has to have trailer brakes on EACH WHEEL.

Not many trailer mfg. companies do this, which leaves the buyer in violation of DOT.

Yes, I've received a "reminder" of this little detail from a "friendly public servant" a while back.

Jay