I'm not sure wether the twp formula's target the same segment. Okay the same crew range but as you said yourself the F16HP will target sailor with a different mindset. The 1 to 2 and back again is a definate difference and partly caused by the going smaller principle which made the catrigged F16HP very similar to the A-cat which ofcourse is the solo craft par exellence. Call it a lucky coincidence. F18 is here to stay I'm sure, F16HP is in development and is also doing a little bit off re-engineering the catamaran setup, there is not telling how far this concept will go. Example, what effect does a lifting spi have on a light craft like that ?
<br>
<br>And ofcourse numbers are just numbers and as a german general once said :"The first casialty of a battle is the battle plan itself!"
<br>
<br>Stealth and rudders. It is an approach taken by its designer. F16HP is an open formula requlating only the performance limiting aspects of a design. It is less restricted than for example the F18 rules. This is also one important difference with respect to F18. F16HP is somewhere between A-cat class rules and F18 rules. Read the preliminary core of the rules on the homepage.
<br>
<br>Book by Frank Bethwaite right ? Not yet I'm trying to get one, but it looks like it is out of print. I think he wrote of the catamaran concept on ground of wetted surface area right ? What a coincidence that we're attacking just this issue ?! ( ;=)
<br>
<br> <br><br>

Attached Files
1541- (19 downloads)

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands