The Landenberger is available from multiple sources in the UK (example: http://www.bitz-brands.co.uk, and I think Mark P. is also reselling those). Also it is worth nothing that Landenberger is making 3 different sails for the F16, with different cuts and materials: the one I priced is the cheapest Pentex one.

I have no info whatsoever about Ullman sails. Price? Availability? There is nothing on-line I can find about those sails so any information would be welcome. I know Ullman was the sail shipped with some Vectorworks Blade in the US, but that's it.

My Blade came with an Ullman originally. There was some dissatisfaction with these sails. I found it was too flat for sailing 2-up and the top wouldn't hold its shape properly when sheeted hard in moderate winds. I've since bought a Landenberger with a full cut for sailing 2-up, and it's much better. That said, I still use the Ullman when sailing 1-up as I've had some good results with it. I think Ullman are a franchise so what you'd get from the UK may be very different from my sail which came from the US.

If I were you I'd be looking at either the GP or Landenberger mains.

As for kites, all I can say is that Mark P was bloody quick downwind with his new GP kite when I sailed against him at Carnac and Mumbles.

Paul

Last edited by pdwarren; 09/03/08 04:52 PM.