whatever you were slipping your beer into in that relaxed trapping video:o)

Ohhhh.... you mean my cup holder! lol....

I don’t see any close up pics on my site but here is the scoop... I am on my 4th generation of cup holder design / location.

Mark 1 - (as seen in the video) are drink holders that are electrical taped (and I also use electrical ties) to the side stay. They slide down the stay and leave black tape rez that gets on your hands.

Mark II - I put a bead on the stays (like the ones on Hobie forestays) to stop the cup holder from sliding down. This worked except the crimping damaged a few strand of the stay and I feared that in the event of a capsize I would lose and eye, ear, nose or get my face shredded on the bead or cup.

Mark III - I run the side stays through 1.5" pvc pipes (about 1' high) and attach the cup. This worked pretty well but looked very ghetto. The pipe would jam on the vinyl stay covers and i would lose drinks. i hated the thought of leaving bottles in the water. I think 2" would have worked better... but I couldn’t live with the ghetto pipes on my beautiful cat...

Mark IV - (in current use). I took the cup holders off the stays. This was convenient on the wire, but had to many issues and wasn't so great when not on the wire, also I lost too many bottles of Gatorade (I don’t drink alcohol).

I now have the cup holder on my beam. I didn’t need to drill a hole as there was a little place for it under my outhaul cleat. It works fine; I almost never lose a drink... I am off the wire more often than not and I don’t need to move my drink in a tack....

[Linked Image]

drink holder

Last edited by andrewscott; 09/23/08 08:36 AM.