I have recnetly purchased a Nacra 5.2 which has what I think is a 4-way deluxe jib set up. I have the assembly manual, but I am having a hard time understanding, and the pictures in the manual are not clear.

It has a barber hauler in the front attached to the front beam. I think this is to haul out the jib sheet lines at that point. There are two cables that run front to back and are running accross the trapoline, I think these are for hiking straps to go around. At the same point of connection of these cables to the back beam, there are jib block cables that extend about halfway forward, and are clamped to the other cables. The assembly manual speaks that these jib blocks themselves haul out or in somehow, but I am not sure if this has been rigged different, or if I have the proper holes in the tramp. There are two holes in the tramp in whick the back trapeze shock cord runs through.

I have researched most all of the pics on this website and searched the web for pics of jib rigging which might match mine, but I have not had any luck. I have attached a picture of what is currently there, but I need some help either from someone familiar with this type of system, or some pictures of a similary rigged cat. Both would be best, but I have not had any luck finding either. Please take note that in the picture I have rigged the jib blocks throught he grommets ment for the trapeze shock cord so that I could get out and sail some, but I really am not happy with this set up. any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if I have uploaded the picture properly, but there are no becketts on the jib blocks, and I am not sure where the jib sheet line ends are secure to also. I hope this enough information to get some input.

Jeff

Attached Files
159765-jiblines.jpg (221 downloads)
Last edited by jeffr; 10/06/08 10:25 AM.