On my 1980, there is but one wire on each side for the jib block to attach to.

The jib block should move fore and aft on that cable.

How far fore or aft is determined by a rope tied to each block. That ropes other end attaches to a very small cleat/roller afair riveted to the rear beam. The small cleat holds the line in place. To make the block move fore or aft, you uncleat that rope and pull on it to move the block aft (the small roller helps doing that), and when you have the block where you want it, then you cleat the rope in the small cleat.

Unfortunatley my small cleat(s) had to be re-riveted and I used 3/16" rivets to replace the original 1/8" rivets that hold them to the beam. Bad move. The movable cleat will not move no 'mo. So I just tie a simple knot to hold it in place.

Another BAD move of mine was to put the wires under the tramp. I installed two grommets in the tramp for the wire to go above the tramp and then back under the tramp. Works BUT since then I realize the newer boats that came this way, have the wire located further outboard then the original location. MY wire(s) are located approx 14" from the hulls. Newer boats wires are located closer to the hulls.

I've a new tramp coming from/thru Murrays and it has the cutouts made in the tramp for the wires. Ain't a gonna match my stock wire location..........so the attach points for the jib wire will have to be moved outbd. I HATE drilling holes in structural members. Not difficult, just weakens whatever you drill into.

The hand swage kits from Murray's help in the making of new jib wires. Wire can be had from the local Home Depot.

Maybe I'll take a picture of the small cleat/roller on the rear beam that came with the original boat (1980). Hope some of this made some sense.

Orgoto YOTUBE and watch NACRA 5.2's being sailed. Stop the movie when they show the tramp int this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt4DbTYPS1Y&NR=1

Bottom line: only one wire on each side for the jib and only one small rope tied to the jib block to allow fore and aft movement of the jib block.

Last edited by ROLAND HAILE; 09/19/10 10:12 PM.