Wouter-
<br>I know the object of the Formula rules themselves are to "allow" all the boats that meet the Formula rules to sail "heads up" with each other, BUT, do they ALL also rate equally under ISAF and/or Texel??
<br>Here in the US (not sure about AUS but I think the VYC is closer to PN?) they will "assign" a number to the "F16 HP" arbitrarily (at first) and then "adjust it" based on performance relative to other boats for all boats raced and registered under the "F16 HP" moniker.
<br>In the US (and AUS?) this could easily result in a different "number" for the F16 HP compared to the F18 regardless of the "specifications". If USSA were to use our results in the few races where Taipans have sailed against ANY F18's they would ALREADY have a "faster" number (and that's w/o gennaker in most instances!).
<br>So, if the EU sailors want to be able to race heads up with the F18's then I say let THEM decide whether they want to use Texel or ISAF since it will "impact" them more (IMO) and those of us in the US (and AUS?) can go along.
<br>Now, if you REALLY want my vote then I would say Texel since it's easier/less complicated-
<br>
<br>Kirt<br><br>Kirt Simmons
<br>Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48

Attached Files
1644- (68 downloads)

Kirt Simmons Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48