Can't comment on the other F16's but Jim Boyer, who built the hulls for my and all the older Taipans at least, definitely recommended trailering from the beams- in fact, I was told if you trailered with boat supported on the hulls it would void the warranty even! Jim was more concerned about the boat "racking" during trailering and being "squeezed" by straps over the hulls/beams down to frame to hold boat on the cradles than the hulls "hanging" off the bolts. Jim therefore recommended a stout, heavy steel trailer (softer ride and less twisting) and supporting the boat by the beams. My boat is supported by the front beam at the inside corners but only in the middle of the rear beam (ie a triangle) precisely to prevent "racking" of the boat if the trailer does twist going down the road. Most of the weight of the boat is supported by the front beam- I would guess there is only about 20-30 lbs. maybe being supported by my rear beam in a static situation. If it was good enough for Jim it's good enough for me!

Kirt

Kirt Simmons
Taipan, Flyer