Originally Posted by dacarls
RE: Tornado Alive--- This is keeping it simple? WOW! Brain damage has been documented!

"No boards, Huge trailer box, 2 complete rigs, inverted mount on trailer..., 2 or 4 mains to choose from"

Thanks Carl.... Appreciate your comments crazy ....... Unit!

I an looking at a big beam cat with a lot of horsepower that can be driven very hard off the breeze, un rig and de-rig quickly and be a pleasure to sail on the water.

"Keep it simple" ie

clean deck layout
quick release beams. - so you can have a big beam cat but de-rig quickly.
Big trailer box = all your gear can fit in easily and quickly including spin pole. (can mount racks inside for all gear)
Quick clap down "no tie" trailer
No boards (I did not say that) - Low profile boards so you dont have to keep rasing and lowering like on the F18. Taipan 4.9 and 5.7 have low profile boards as with the Tornado. You do not lift them when you turn downwind on a spinnaker run. Time wasted rasing and lowering would be better served getting the boat up to max speed and maintaining it for as long as possible. Also cleans the deck up not having boards protruding out top.

All this in aid of speeding up rigging and derigging. Dismantled = less windage trailering and narrower beam,

Rig combinations do take it to another level but imagine a cat you can race when it is cranking 30+ sustained. Perhaps best idea would be just 2 mains. The modern cat rig can depower so efficiently compared to it's monohull couterparts, more than 2 rigs would be unnecessary.

Others may have different ideas in what they would like to see in their beach act...... But this would be my ideal ride. I am very fond of the Big T.