Early Saturday morning conditions were so bad, I decided not to even take the boat of the trailer. But, by 11:00 it had laid down to 12-15 and remained nice the rest of the day.

Sunday was good as well, 8-10 I would guess, until a little after noon and then it got very squirrely i.e crazy shifts and wind around 6 with some puffs to 10.

There was some cloud cover on both days so at times it was a little chilly, until you remembered it's freakin' January!!

Good regatta, good crowd.

btw- My wife and I finally got a room at "The Islander". It's usually sold out and a little pricey, but it would be my choice. Plenty of room for boats and trailers and nice big rooms with 'fridge, stove and the like. If you're thinking about next year, book early, very early.

While I was fiddling around with boats, my wife stopped into a place called "Ocean Dawn Suites". No room for boats, but a very nice place. They mentioned they would like to be a sponsor next year.

We like being in the Keys, regardless of weather, so "Tradewinds" is our only must regatta.