I also look at the boat and think I would get one even though it is pricy, if it were F16 compliant. I don't consider the price, I look at what comes in the " sailing package"; regattas, classes and support.

After getting an FX and then getting rid of it to get another Tiger(teen age daughter wanted to sail on the boat with me), I would get another one if there was hope for it. Besides, iCat/F16 would be the ideal target size for my daughter and I.

This is a market Hobie is missing. The kids don't care for the H16 and I like a spin boat. So my choices are a Tiger or ????? In our area Hobie sailing is still over 50% of the regattas, so I will most likely buy a Hobie. If we lived in a different maket place, well I am not sure I would put up with being held hostage.

Nobody wants to upset the H16 apple cart. If the iCat gets to close to it I think it gets vetoed.

Edit: oh yeah, my avatar has two men sailing on it, that is because the wind came up and it was too much for my daughter. An iCat/F16 we would still have been out there.

Last edited by mike220; 03/08/09 11:42 AM.

Mike Hensel
Hobie Tiger