Hey guys! I couldn't load an attachment either the other day (and it was one I had previously attached on this forum!)
So, I think there has been a problem created- Somebody needs to tell Rick
As to the snuffers and pole- I agree there is a windage issue even with a bare pole- I try to minimize this by keeping my pole as low as possible. As to the snuffers- the pole end snuffers may be the easiest to use in terms of setting retrieving but my ability to point was seriously hampered when I had that setup. Even a bare pole affects it IMO. For "around the cans" I found the midpole Guck snuffer (with the snuffer as far back as possible- just forward of the bridle-) with the small diameter pole low is the best compromise- and the fact ALL the Tornado sailors seem to prefer this type setup vindicates it in my mind. One other advantage of the Guck snuffer is the bag lays along the side of the pole (rather than hanging under) so the windage is further reduced and I have been putting my bag on the top of the tramp although now that I have my new custom tramp installed (I'd attach a pic except I can't ) I will try putting under the tramp again.
Also figured out the easy way to install a new tramp (man, those buggers are SNUG!) and would include photos of that but can't attach! We tried slowly working it down the hull sides- That didn't work! So, despite my "A" cat helper's insistence that "That won't help!", I put my "A" mainsheet blocks around the rear crossbar inside corner at one side, and my Taipan blocks on the other side- each attached to the corner rear grommet of the tramp. Then, with one of us on each side making sure the boltrope of the tramp was feeding in we slowly sheeted in, stretching the tramp evenly and it slid right in!!

Hope this helps-

Kirt

Kirt Simmons Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48