Originally Posted by TEAMVMG
Can anyone give me any info on the Venue for the ISAF youth worlds that are in Buzios mid July.
I don't really want tides and winds more like somewhere that is nice to stay near the venue and what the shore side facilities are like.

Buzios is a great place to sail. There are lots of places where you can stay, only most of them aren't hotels but "pousadas". There's anything from one to five stars. For the competition I would stay close to the Iate Clube Armacao dos Buzios at the hotel they suggested. They certainly negociated better prices, it is a short walk to the club or downtown and the location is very good too. If you want to stay in the best beach, the kids can take a cab to the club (10 to 15 minutes) and you can pay the price, choose the Hotel Le Relais La Borie in Jeriba beach.

The commodore of the club is Mr. Alan Joulie and the sailing director is his son Pierre, both very nice people, monohull focused. I used to sail with or against them a long time ago. My boat stayed at their club last year. Send a PM or email sysfx (a) yahoo (dot) com for more questions, details, photos, help or anything else I can help with.

Luiz