Wow, way to stir the mud!

IMHO, the A-Catters are in their own league regardless of type of course. Regarding distance racing,

Let's see, put Smyth and Struble on the same boat for the Tybee....wait they have already done the Worrell together and smashed everyone. I would bet that this dynamic duo would rule the T-500 as well.

Around the bouys......

Guck outshown the top T-500 talent (??Mischa??)on the Tornado in Europe a couple years ago. I think that Struble placed on top of Mischa at the Tornado Worlds a few years back, but other than that I am not sure of much direct competition between the Mischa and the A-Catters. There doesn't to seem to be any head to head match ups recently, however. Regardless, Mischa is an excellent sailor both in distance racing and course racing.

After Mischa I think that there is a pretty step drop in talent level at the T-500. Steve L has been around for a while and is a top distance guy, but doesn't fair as well at the bouy races. JC is another talented sailor, but not at Smyth, Guck, Melvin, the Glassers, nor Struble's level. The "honorable mention sailors" (dare I say "second tier" sailors) at the A-Cat Nationals is a cut above their T-500 peers. Hodges, Hall, Cogan, Oliver, Arends.........the list goes on and on....

The A-Catters have dozens (hundreds)of World and National titles to their credit. How about the T-500 guys? Let us know?

Interesting question...............