That's what I wanted.
I don't watch alot of TV anymore. I thought it was regurgitated SA spew. I see it over there alot.My bad.

My take on the right boat for distance racing,the longer it takes the more stuff you break.You can even see this from inside the same fleet.This refers solely to racing.
Cruising a boat to the South with the snowbirds is a whole different cup of tea.With an average speed of 7.5 (the 180 in 24) I'd call that cruising or miserably slow racing. Plus it'd be awfully hard to beach land and launch a monohull. That's where stuff breaks and that's what makes the race more challenging. The point of races like the Worrell, Great Texas, and the Tybee is the fact that the boats are not decked out comfy race boats. Whether or not that makes it "suited" for the race is up to personal interpretation. Since the races were designed around using that type of boat I'd say it is .
What boat do you think would be better? A 16 is going to take considerably longer, which is harder on the boat and crew. If your designing something specifically for that, I'd combine a Nacra-20, a tiger and a Tornado.
Todd

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White