Two other items I would like to comment on:

1: Twist.. In chop twist is faster in my experience. In weak winds, twist might be faster, in strong winds, you will not be able to sheet hard enough to remove the twist anyway smile (mast bends, sailcloth is flexible etc.)

2: Sail design and custom sails for crew weight, dominant conditions, skill level etc.. Dont bother, go with what you have or the class "standard". The margins are so small and the risk of actually buying a slower sail than the class standard is pretty large.

Keep it simple. Simple is fast smile

Good luck in Daytona. Hope you and Stefan get a few hours on the water to practice your boathandling and teamwork before the regatta.

(PS: During strong wind regattas my crew, Frode, sometimes bent his legs and sheeted in by straightening the legs with a stiff body and a super-firm grip. That was with a 1:9 purchase on a Tornado rig. Then he began using his arms and back for small adjustments. Just to give you an indication on how much sheet tension we used at times. Not saying that you want to do this even if we did. We are/was not world class sailors)