I would not recommend any daggerboard boat for your usage. Centerboard and skegs are the name of the game for beach landing, especially solo: you don't have enough hands.

So I concur with the recommendations for the Nacra 500. It has a fairly modern sail plan with spi, it is fairly quick and it boasts skegs, perfect to do beach landings. You can sail it alone without the jib, like a F16, and add the jib for those day you have a crew. It supports weight fairly well, and you *should* be able to right it by yourself.

Have you tried a modern rotomolded spi boat? In Europe we have the Dart 16 and the Topaz 16CX, no idea what's available in the US. Those are not as quick as a nacra 500 by a long shot, but don't ignore them. Both have skegs and (optional) spi, and at least one trapeze. They are indestructible, tough beasts, but once they are going, those are awesome.

Depending on the wind condition you expect where you sail, I'd go for one or the other. Usual light wind, go with the 500. Regular 15knots and more, go with a rotomolded.

Last edited by pepin; 06/19/09 11:54 AM.