"Do you still use the standard rudder setup or did you replace it?"

I still have the standard rudders and steering assembly.

I've always thought they were a "weak-link" in the boat's design.

I've sailed the sox off that boat in all kinds of conditions on lakes and in coastal waters and found the steering assembly to hold up quite well.

the only modification I've made was to install a lanyard to assist the rudder to stay in the up position when on my mooring.

I got tired of seeing the rudders bounce around and wear as they repeatedly hit the tiller arm with every wave cycle.

Great boat!

It's always been one of my favorites.

It sails great, it easily rights and simplicity is a plus.

I've (inadvertently) gone out of my way a few times to pitch-pole that boat a few times and it resists smartly.

I think the one time it did pitch-pole was when I lost my footing a slid off the front beam. Following that spectacular maneuver the boat followed and stayed on its toes long enough for me to start wondering how I'd pull it over so I could right it.

The only problem I can remember is the daggerboards never want to stay where I put them... they always migrate to the "full-down" position...especially in chop.

I'd guess a small strip of carpet glued to the inside of the trunk or the outside of the board would solve that issue.

I've also worried a bit about losing a daggerboard in a capsize or turtle in bumpy conditions...however that has never occurred.