Eric Poulsen:
It's always nice to have you drop by our Bear Lake House. It is beautiful up that way and often very nice sailing.

Dave Mosely:
The 474 Freestyle is a lot like a SC 17 or even the SC 15 that was in production for a few years.

When mice trashed my 474 Main I couldn't locate a replacement. I eventually went to a SC 15 main with no alterations to anything.

I got that sail from Aquarius Sails Inc., who still supports Supercats, RC and ARC catamarans.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com/

Tom Haberman is a great guy and a great resource.

The only difference I've notices is the SC 15 main is a bit shorter (head to tack) than was the 474 main. However it gives me a bit more head room when ducking under the main on tacks and jibes.

Both boats are great boats...and fun to sail...!

I still have my SC 17...

Anyway, on those slippery dagger boards...I have some friends who simply glued some indoor outdoor carpet strips to the inside of their dagger board trunks.

That also helped the dagger boards to stay put.

The one or two inch carpet strips were cheap, easy, lasted for quite some time and were easily and cheaply replaced.

I might try that also....though I can't remember if they glued the strips virtically or just around the bottom of the trunks where they could easily reach them.

It has been some time since I saw them and I don't recall...exactly.

When I'm sailing it isn't much of an issue...the boards are usually down. I usaully only pull them up wehn landing.

I have installed a short 1/8 inch diameter eight inch long lanyard to each of my dagger board, in additon to the 1/2 inch diameter loops that I use to pull the boards up.

After the boards are pulled up and when I put the boat on the mooring I use the 1/8 diameter lanyards to tie the top of the boards to my trap lines, just above the trap line grab bars.

That keeps the boards in the up position when periodically bouncing around on the mooring ball.

Last edited by tomthouse; 07/07/09 02:57 PM.