I spoke with the guys at performance and was told that it is a lighter extrusion than the NA. I thought about adding the internal wires, but the NA mast configuration is a lot different. hounds nearly 2' higherspreaders 18"higher. I have been told that if I make these changes, the existing holes will weaken the mast and defeat the purpose of the changes.
I thought about adding the longer spreader in the current position, using the existing bottom diamond tang and one higher up than the current upper position to attach a longer outer diamond wire. and use the existing upper tang along with a new tang near the base of the mast for the inners. I just dont know how these measurements were derived on the NA, and how doing this willi nilli will affect mast bend and performance. If someone would post the measurements of their 6.0NA wires, I guess I could make a more educated decision.
I am just about to place an order for new shrouds, forestay and regular spreader bars, and dont want to do it twice.
This boat has original EP jib and main, and untii I got caught in a storm in rocky point a month ago, they were in pristine condition. The boat has hardly been used and is in beautiful condition, so I want to do what I can to optomise performance without making it a $10,000 boat. I would like to get a sq top when i upgrade the sails this fall, or sooner. But need to make the rig changes first.
How about some of you engineer types, any ideas about rig configuration?
Also, It does have the foil spreader. When I was in Mexico, the center strut on the foil curled up like a pretzel and got stuck into my furler. Performance said i am the first one ever to have this happen to their knowledge. Im lucky the foil held up when the wind started gusting over 40 and snapping power poles in Los Conches.

Last edited by azcat; 07/22/09 10:02 PM.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA