Hi TurboCat,

I'm not very good w/ computers, so I don't know how to "link" ..... but if you pull-up my posts and then look only at the P19 related ones you should find out what I've learned over the years. Please pay close attention to the posts about reinforcing the front crossbar (internally) as the number of front crossbars failing at the point where the dolphin striker ends is increasing as the aluminum crossbars are experiencing "fatique" failures.

To "stiffen" up the foredeck I would suggest installing a vertical web(s) on the underside of the deck before re-installation of the deck ... you will need to notch the bulkheads for clearence. Yes, I would install a subdeck in the front crossbar area ... this will prevent the bows from toeing in (feel for whipples/waves on the hulls just in front of the front crossbar on the in-board side). I took a simplier route by using a Nacra 6.0NA Bowfoil to prevent "toe-in" but this limits the angle of the spinpole to a very low attitude/angle. But it does works w/ a Tornado 25sqM chute since you need the luff length.

Send me a "PM" here on this forum and I'll answer your questions. FYI: Todd (Team Cat Fever)also has just a wee bit of experience on a P19 before he became a traitor and sold his to purchase a N20 .... we had many good times racing against each other (and drinking Beer) for a number of years.

Hi Tad (Thad?),

No, the beach at Tred Avon is not Oyster shells any more ... it is SAND ... it does have a nice angle of pitch, nothing to bad though. Now the parking lot and the pathways around the clubhouse are gravel ... ooch-ouch ... So we'll see you in September???? I maybe on Triple Threat aqain, if we get the spinpole that we tore off the deck in the "Around Long Island Race pounding through some big seas re-installed and fix the hole in the deck also. Todd saw her when he came up to Solomons Island a few weeks back for "The Screwpile" Regatta ... ask him what he thought about her. If not I'll be back on either my TheMightyHobie18 or P19 depending on who is crewing (most likely the P19)

Harry