Mark,
I dont have the cracks in front of the dagger wells. All is well there. I am considering the standard jib for now in the beginning. I may actually wait to install the spin and just get used to the way the boat feels and handles at first. However any mods that need to be done for the spin will be done now so i dont have to do anything twice.

Yep... it's all about the master plan.
Adding the full subdeck will help the fiberglass with the spin.

Harry's reinforcement of the cross beam will stop it from breaking but won't help the structural problem of the bows pinching in.... He used the bow foil for that issue... tradeoff weight on the nose, cost and hindering the spin pole location.

I would decide on your spin pole and spin.
The higher you carry the spin pole... the less load you have on pinching the bows. but with a fixed luff length of the spin you obtain... you have to go higher and higher on the mast for the spin bale. The Tornado chute fits on the Prindle with a long pole... The F18 chute might be a better choice. I thought the T chute was a bit too much for the boat.... with out the T's beam... you really only had one gear down wind on the 19 which was a little deep.

At some point the costs could push you to a new boat or a new to you modern spin design.

I like the idea of a carbon tube but that does'nt sound cheap. Do you have any info on these tubes? I do have a extra set of crossbars if that helps? I read earlier that Hmurphy used a spare cross bar cut into pieces inside his existing beams.

No info.. Our local A cat builder speced some tubes recently and commented that they were surprisingly affordable.... The right beam plus a dolphin striker solve your bow foil issue.

There is a local guy that has his jib sheeted to the tramp and im supposed to be getting pictures of his set-up.

You can put some reinforcement patches on a standard tramp and put the grommet there and it will work just fine.... How well. (speed and performance tradeoffs) are the issue

just cause it looks like what the tornado is doing... does not make it equivalent.

Also... keeping the standard jib means that you will be able to have some vision to leeward of you... the deck sweeper mx jib... really left a huge hole... tough situation if you want to race buoys'.

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 08/06/09 11:06 PM. Reason: added some points

crac.sailregattas.com