Took my nine year old daughter out today. Had some decent wind. I got a little nervous a few times and we got moving pretty good. My daughter took some video and I'll try to post some of it (once edited or you'll get sea sick) so you guys can look at it and tell me if I was close to the point of flying a hull or if I'm just totally green and new and wasn't even close to that point?

Right when the wind really picked up and i puckered up, I look over and my daughter has opened the water proof box with my keys, cell phone etc... needless to say, I was caught a little by surprise with the wind and the situation at hand. I remember thinking oh crap! this boats about to go over and everything else with it.

I let out the main sheet all the way, snatched the jib sheet out of the cam? (not positive if I'm using the correct terminology here) and as calmly as possible told my daughter to please get it all back in the box as quickly as she could and don't do that again without asking first.

Anyway, It was a lot of fun and she really enjoyed it. She just kept saying faster dad! She hasn't stopped talking about it and can't wait to go back out. I think she about has my wife convinced, but she (my wife) really doesn't like lake water, gator's etc...

I think we'll get her out there tomorrow!

Jody Phillips
81 H16