Originally Posted by dacarls
OK- Now that the painful start is over-- its time to get to Daytona Beach on a weekend and get real. Pull up next to someone else with a Hobie 16 and ask for assistance after you get everything nearly ready to go. You will get plenty of willing help there. Crescent Beach also might work. Tiny Ocala National Forest lakes this time of year are AWFUL. At the ocean you get a nice 10-12 knot SE seabreeze in the afternoon. Now- you do have to now how to get thru the shorebreak... But too early there is no wind- like til 1 PM.
This is why we have been telling you to find a helper. Or go to Lake Eustis Sailing Club.

Thanks Dacarls,

Like I said, I think the beach is the place to be. Trust me, not finding a helper, is not for lack of trying, I looked for help for a month. I did try to contact the Lake Eustis Sailing Club about lessons but when I finally got the guy on the phone, he had just left the hospital and asked me to call back. So I got tired of looking, calling etc... and just decided to get out there and figure it out on my own.

Hopefully I can make it to Daytona or St Pete this weekend or next, I've just never been comfortable showing up somewhere and saying hey help me out. Guess that's something I'll have to get over. Is there somewhere in particular (at Daytona)where I should head to? Is there a favorite spot like in surfing, where everyone gathers?

Jody Phillips
81 H16