Originally Posted by bvining
Originally Posted By: sbflyerYes they could, pretty good couple of threads re. wings at SA in the Multihulls, with input from the C class guys who actually sound like they really know what they're talking about, including using wing with spin. They don't when class racing because of sail area restrictions btw...

I wouldn't say "spinnaker" ... more like a big code 0 or screacher. These boats will never have the apparent wind anywhere near 90 degrees.

Chances are you'll probably see a smaller jib/headsail when going upwind and the big screacher unwind for the downhill stuff.

Yeah, thats what I meant to say.

I cant believe that the AC looks like it is going to be sailed with multi's AND it looks like they are going to use rigid wing sails. If someone had suggested that 4 years ago I would have laughed in their face. Now this is looking like more and more of a reality and its exciting because all of us on this forum have embraced high performance racing multihulls, and now the rest of the sailing world is now being introduced to multi racing at the highest level. Unbelievable.

What else is truly remarkable is the speed at which these programs build working race boats. When someone told me Ben Hall had sold his wing Oracle earlier in the year, I didnt give it a second thought. Now they have a full size wing. Unbelievable.

If its multi's and rigid wings, I'm considering going to go watch in person.

Bill

I thought that too - and had laid some groundwork to go to Valencia. Now that it's in RAK, I'm really not interested. It's not that it's the mid-east - I've been there a couple of times...but I don't think RAK is going to have the accommodation structure for all this. It was only until two weeks ago that the had enough diesel generators to supply electricity to the whole town.

Jake Kohl