True about the continuous nature of the Rugby match. American Football players have plays that take a few seconds and then get to rest for a minute or so. Rugby players are more akin to Soccer (real Football!) in that they are almost constantly moving up and down the field.

I can't tell you how many times that I have had this discussion over adult beverages after a match. My A. Football buddies have pretty much convinced me that there are positional players in A.Football that could RULE on the Rugby pitch.

I don't know a lot about pro ball, but image Ray Lewis, who is a great runner/athlete, hitting you without pads! No thinks. How about some of the NFL running backs or linebackers? Most of the linemen would probably get too tired to handle the whole match, but don't underestimate the fitness of those horses.

The USA must have something in the water (or needle?) that breeds these monsters. The IOC considered American Football at one time, but decided that no other country could compete with the USA in terms of the lineman (lots of 300-330+ lbs mutants)needed. Maybe the Europeans and other countries could field the folks at quarterback, running backs, kickers (absolutely)and receivers, but not in the "trenches".

I would love to see a Rugby match between some NFL players with a few months training and a top professional side. Even better, a A. Football game between them.

Just daydreaming.............