OK, this is what happens when a conversation starts somewhere else, then for whatever reason it moves.

My Hobie Fleet has hosted a regatta the last three years. 1st year was decent in attendance, (23 boats?), 2nd year had like 16 boats, this year 12. Not worth the effort of putting on a regatta where everybody gets fed 4 meals, t-shirt, giveaways, etc. It was a real class act regatta, in a really kick butt spot. I wanted to keep the regatta going, but the only way to do that is to abandon the Hobie end of things and make it an open catamaran event and invite everyone. Which means none of the Hobie people will show up anyway.

I'd consider doing something in 2011 along the lines of a F16 Nationals type event though. I've got a spot with ample hotel rooms, there's a yacht club I could lean on for help, and its on a real nice section of the Mississippi.

Originally Posted by Matt M
You might in this case as MN is along f'n way away AND its cold.

Anyway those 2 guys are suffering from a persecution complex already as they are right in the middle (well maybe more towards the top) of H only land and getting to race at home will involve making up your own gig now. - Which sucks for everyone

Yeah, its a long way. And cold isn't an accurate term. Your freezer is cold, this is so much worse. And this is the top of Hobie land, its also the western edge of CRAWville. I wanted a singlehanded spin boat so I got the FXone, Div7 wants H16's. So I've moved on.