i had many problems (or challenges) when i first switched to a snuffer...

my hoop was to close to my furler so my spin halyard would get tangled in the jib often (usually after i snuffed the chute, forgot to cleat the halyard spinlock down to remove any slack) so i had to move my hoop more forward

i had tremendous challenges when i purchased a new spin. the head board was stiff and did not want to go in the hoop until it was well broke in

i had to run my spin sheets inside my crew trap lines (on the front beam) otherwise i was running over my sheets during a snuff and couldn't get the spin all the way in the bag (as now the sheets were under the bows).

Last big issue was getting the halyard/retrieval line length just right.. to much and you have lots of excess hanging either on deck or in the water (under the tramp).. to little and your deforming your spin when up. and when its just right, it helps prevent shrimping.

one note about snuffing quickly, if you dont use a tapered line (or REAL soft line) you will probably burn holes in your spin if you raise/douse fast..