Originally Posted by Undecided
The version of windows movie maker on Win 7 is, in every measurable way, just as good as the imovie crap - and you don't have to consign yourself to satan by purchasing apple products..

your suggesting your soul is better off in the safe hands of MicroSoft? (i think you may have been assimilated)

Glad to hear after 20 years they are finaly making progress...

I was a multimedia art student for 2 years. after 8 years of dealing with problems with audio/video software on pc's i got a macbook and was multitracking and video editing in minutes.

Wow....

I picked up Adobe creative suite 4 and managed to put together a quick clip in about an hour that used flash, multiple videos and soundtracks. I haven't been able to work on it for a couple months but here's what I made so far (crappy compression for file size purposes) I knew nothing of video production when I started. Just taught myself how to use the tool.

http://www.velocitysailing.com/images/so_far.wmv

(the video is longer, I just haven't encoded it in its entirety yet because I'm not happy with it. Need moar footage)

I do love adobie products (and macromedia), and have used After Effects and Premiere for years (13 or so).. i think we had this discussion before, but they are rather high end software and really not the same can of worms as your "built in media software". Your Adobe creative suite 4 cost about $1600.. this is double what the avg pc costs (or close).. it better "work out of the box"

PS most (not all) the problems were with the audio hard/software, and mostly latency issues (delay) that made live (real time) multi tracking impossible.

I have found in general, (very general) that Macs handle audio files / hardware better than PC's have in the past and almost every artist i have worked with (100's) that is multi-platform will swear MAC's crash less, process faster and they prefer a MAC to a PC even though MAC's generally have less "speed keys / shortcuts" for many repetitive actions... (i am talking about photoshop, illustrator, quark style programs), and cost more than pc's

Last edited by andrewscott; 12/17/09 12:05 PM.