When you lift the hull either by the ends or side it does not flex. It is still light enough that my wife and I can easily lift it over our heads, even with the temp wood bulkheads and my bad shoulder. The whole key to all of the faring is that the outer skin will be thin compared to a usual lay-up of all E-glass. The outer skin will be 2 layers of 198 gram (6.9oz) carbon and one layer of 4 oz E-glass all 90 degree unidirectional cloth, except for the stress points they will have 4 layers of carbon.

This is the same lay-up inside except the stress points have 6 layers of carbon.....problem reading the plans and a little extra does not hurt. What I tried to show here is the fine entry and shape of the underwater profile, not much wetted surface. If I kept the same profile above the waterline it would have been a real skinny boat and a tight fit. I added the flare to increase the cabin space and as a result it should throw the spray to the side. The water line is about 2/3 of the way to the flare. The boat looks wider then the wetted surface profile when it is right side up. That was my main objective in the modification to the plans: More room without an increase of wetted surface.

The pics show the volume of the hull above the DWL and temp bulkheads.

Attached Files
P1110017.JPG (164 downloads)
P1110019.JPG (164 downloads)

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's