Originally Posted by Baltic
Does anybody know in which max. wind / wave height they are going to sail? I've heard something of 4bft / 1m which I think is difficult to believe.

that's another big point of contention. Alinghi released the NOR for the event several months ago that over-reaches on several other issues. One of the big ones is that the NOR places a limit of 15knots of wind and 1 meter wave heights which many feel are too low (personally, I think that 1 meter wave limit is going to be much more of a limitation than 15 knots...you'll get one meter waves offshore in 10 knots of breeze quite easily). Before BMWO came out with the wing, we believed the catamaran to have an advantage in the exceptionally light conditions...so they've attempted to limit racing to where they feel like they would win.

Conceptually, it's illegal for the defender to act on their own to place any kind of limits on racing that could delay the event. As per the Deed, the challenger specifies the first date of racing. For the defender to put limits that could reschedule that racing would be illegal. Limits can be established for the event but the challenger would have to consent to them first.

Jake Kohl