no problem! I enjoy keeping up with this stuff.

Apparently there was a semi-secret meeting held between the teams at the end of December where they discussed and tentatively agreed on several things - including some of the weird things in the NOR (several of which have been impacted by the most recent court rulings). BMWO has complained to SNG that none of the few things they were able to agree upon had been changed yet.

The teams are reported to get together on Jan 12th in Singapore for a meeting that will be arbitrated by David Tillett. Mr. Tillett is the chairman of the International Jury for the event (that still hasn't been ratified).

SNG/Alinghi are still pushing hard on getting GGYC/BMWO to moor inside the Valencia Darsena (America's Cup Harbor). GGYC/BMWO are resisting as there is not enough room to moor their boat with the wing up and allow it to swing 360 degrees. SNG/Alinghi has also continued to slowly turn up the volume on their complaint that the wing isn't really a sail (the deed specifies the boats to be "propelled by sails only"). I believe that SNG/Alinghi is pushing the mooring issue to get GGYC/BMWO to say something about the difference between a soft sail and a wing sail that they can use against them.

The Sailing Instructions are due out of SNG/Alinghi on Jan 8th. It's possible we will see an amended NOR at that time too. You can expect Jan. 10th to see a lot of communication between the teams again as I anticipate several new issues to arise with the SI's and a continuation of issues with the NOR.

Jake Kohl