Originally Posted by Undecided
wtf? Cabinetry getting the better of you?

Apparently. I made the mistake of posting those pics on my Facebook page and making them public, when all I wanted was a place to upload them and hotlink them here. Anyway, I stuck my thumb in the business end of a tablesaw. Took me 12 years to finally do it, I've been mauled by virtually everysingle piece of equipment there is but the tablesaw. I was being stupid, plain and simple. What I was doing was not really that dangerous, I've done it a million times before, but I've been working alot of hours lately trying to get a big job delivered before I go, to much stuff on my mind and I just wasn't paying attention 100% and I got bit.

This is the worst injury I've ever had in woodworking
1. Tablesaw - Mauled thumb
2. Bandsaw- Mauled the same thumb, kinda pissed cause that scar is gone forever now.
3. Run a chisel all the way through one of my fingers once. (Awesome scar)
4. Got my hand caught in a pnuematic clamp for assembling doors. Tore all of the skin off the side of my right hand. I almost passed out that hurt so bad. Hardly any blood, no trophy.
5. Filleted the back of a finger at the 2nd knuckle once with a coping saw. Bled and hurt like a bastard.
6. Rammed my hand backwards into the backside of a countertop at the shop that was uber sharp. Painful, bled alot, left an okay scar.

I've got alot of badass, well earned scars from motorcycles too.

The very first thing that went throw my mind was: "Oh sweet ****ing christ! I just knocked my ****ing thumb off." After I looked and saw it still attached the second thing that went through my mind was: "Oh kiss me! I'm leaving for Florida Monday! kiss!!"

I'm soooo glad I'm doing this with crew. It wouldn't be possible to single hand a spin boat with a thumb on the disabled list.

Anybody got advice on keeping this thing from getting infected whilst on the boat next weekend? I'm gonna be on the water probably 5 days straight.