That was Zack's 5.5 that flipped on the beach. We were standing about 25' down wind of it talking when I heard some yelling and then a bang. I turn to my left and there's the top of the mast a few feet away from my head.

Honestly it was good conditions until the ride back. About half way down Honeymoon it piped up. John says we should roll up the jib. I say no way. The main is centered and sheeted hard and I'm steering the boat with a couple of fingers driving through 5ft chop. As we get closer to the pass he says it again. Again I say no. We tack for the pass and are doing ok until we enter the pass. Then it ramped up to about forty. So there we are the sails are released, the boat is capsizing. The boom and main are dragging in the water. The boat is angled about 5-10 degrees. I'm pumping the tiller and trying to undo my hook. John is pumping his body trying to save it. It starts to inch down until we finally save it ending in big tea bag. I look at John and say, maybe we should roll up the jib.

Have Fun