Its no secret that my eyes suck. Bailey's eyes aren't the best either but NEVER has Bailey not been able to sight the A-mark from the starting line. You couldn't ask me to see a barn from 200 feet away. I regularly think that there are islands in front of me. Ask Bailey what happens during the T500 when I thought that the jetty that was a mile away suddenly appeared in front me.

BUT I'm not the only one that expressed issues with the marks! Its not an unreasonable request to have marks that are visible from a reasonable distance away. Like Jake said - we majorly overstood the first upwind leg, along with half of the N20 fleet because we couldn't see it. Fact.

And as for the "sign of aging", here's what Sam over on SA had to say about it. Note: He's not even out of college yet so if you want to bag on my age - go for it. Bag on him too.

One last comment on marks: My biggest complaint was visibility. The compass bearing would help on locating the weather marks, but one of my biggest problems were the start, finish, and gate all had the same mark color. Coming downwind at 15+ kts from a mile away, it's tough to figure out which mark is which and make layline calls, even with my young eyes. Make the start and finish line bouys yellow and the gate red or vice-versa and that should solve the problem.

As for you Schneider - your continuing insistence to butt into conversations that revolve around events that you don't have the sack to show up for really shows that you are truly a peanut gallery master. Your comments are loathe, trite and petty. You bring NOTHING of value to any topic where you have no skin in the game. While my opinions might not be shared by my fellow competitors (as if I really compete with them, I'm just there for the comraderie) but at least I was there. I paid my entry fee. You're just a pathetic man who feels that he's so much smarter than the rest of us SOB's out there and that you can do it so much better.

So if you show up at Spring Fever you can try to make me think otherwise - which I seriously doubt because you don't have the cajones.