First let me say that I appreciate all the advice and offers to help. It just goes to
show the kind of class the people here on CatSailor have, and I thank you all.

I think I need to clear up some possible misconceptions though. My first Prindle
was a 15 in '94. One season on that boat and I went to a P16. 2 Seasons on that
boat and I went to a P18. I had the P18 till 2009. Then I got my P19.

I know the Prindle rudder system...and all its foibles and tricks. HMurphy, you
have always been a source of info for many aspects of owning and sailing a Prindle.
I followed all your tips on how to mod and improve the rudders on my 18 as well as on
my 19. They helped a great deal. My current rudder system has been modded according to
all the tips found here at CatSailor. They work smoothly and without problems.

The PROBLEM is not the rudders per say...its me. I am tired of having to depower
the boat to reset the rudders aftera kick-up. I am tired of listening to the
rope handles knock around. I have also had two instances of the rope handles
hanging up and freezing the tiller in one position till I depowered and cleared the snag.

What I do want is to be able to set or reset the blades without having to depower
the boat and yank on ropes.

After having seen the Nacra system in operation for several years I was kind
of leaning towards that setup, but there have been several points made that
show that would not be a good switch for my boat.

Mike Hill, thank you, it appears that the H20 setup is just what I have been wanting.
The ability to raise and lower a kick-up system by lifting on the cross bar would be
ideal for me I think. Yes, I know about the various ....gremlins... in the Hobie
system but I don't think they are any worse than the Prindle, or Nacra, just different.

So... anyone parting out a Hobie 20 or 21? smile

p.s. Feel free to slam, bam and check in....all views appreciated, all opinions on which
rudder system is best will be...discussed smile

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

ButchG
Prindle 19 w/Spi