Originally Posted by Jalani
No it's not Pepin! The White Formula Hurricane 5.9 was a COMPLETELY new design when first launched. The hull shape is nothing like the Dart 18 - being closer to a Tornado in shape but with more contemporary bows.

If you put a Hurricane 5.9 next to a Hobie 20 only a knowledgeable person would be able to tell them apart.

You must be thinking of the Stampede (also known as the Dart 20) although that did not have centreboards.

I sailed a Hurricane for 10 years; both with and without a kite...

On hull shapes.

The H59 has a SIMILAR profile to a Tornado; but with less rake on the bow and more volume up front. Similar mid sections and a thinner section to the stern to allow more control over pitch-poling. Both boats share centreboard profiles

The H20 is almost a direct copy (some say ;-) ) of the 59 with Daggerboards and carbon mast.

The 59 is a dream to sail; even better I assume with the new fat head mainsail; you can sail a 59 is alost anything (Some might remember the windy grafham open when the anno got to 40kts over a 10 minute period). I have pictures somewhere! Cuts thru the water real nice; drives hard and fast....

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here