"Calm down, all I was trying to say is that from a distance the H5.9 look like a big Dart 18. That's all. I didn't go and measure hull shape :)"

"a distance " you would have to be sooooo far away you wouldn't be able to tell it from a turnip !

Jees Pepin how long are you going to slander the once love of my life??????

Even with one eye closed looking through beer glasses my granny could spot the difference in looks between a 5.9 and a Dart for feks sake

about as similar as an oppie and a 49er !!!!!!!!!!!!

once heard that Reg white when producing the hurricane adapted one of his tornado moulds changing the transom section - smaller so would sink for tacking and added more bouyancy to bows for power offwind , with the rest of the hulls left the same, if you look carefully you can see the change at the bow and stern where it starts , , or perhaps he modified a dart wink , chopped the beams for towing , Reg I guess was most flattered (or Not!) when hobie copied his design in the miracle 20

Don't get me wrong ole peppy . such talk in our dinghy park would have caused a rumpus in the ole days , hand bags at dawn and the likes , but just havin a bit of fun here wink

Think the P19 was developed over in USA similar time similar concept (more user friendly Tor developement) hence its similarity , though in bow more tornado than 5.9 , unlike miracle 20 whose hulls and even beams look identical

[/quote]

Last edited by Codblow; 03/19/10 09:31 AM.