Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
I sure wish you guys would boil down your tension readings to lbs using the table on the gauge. It would make the "brand / type" of gauge a non-issue (at least within the accuracy of the gauge).

Amen. There's at least 3 or 4 different gauges. Even ones of the same model vary.

I agree and I apologize for using the spring scale numbers instead of the conversion to lbs...my scale happens to be 2 hours away so this makes things a little difficult. Also, arguably a bigger problem is the variance between one scale and another OF THE SAME TYPE. This problem is so bad the Olympic sailors use 3 Loos Gauges and average them; then they all wised up and bought a more accurate and precise digital scale, at the tune of $300+.

Best bet is to talk to someone whose done it before, which is no one in this thread to MY KNOWLEDGE. Another good starting point is an infusion sailor since they use the same mast section AFAIK.

Along these notes, we seriously need a good tuning guide for the N20. Of the three I've seen, only the factory one is concise but it is very conservative and all of them are several years old. Maybe nothings really changed, but I'm sure there are better methods to obtaining a fast boat.

Last edited by samc99us; 04/21/10 10:16 PM.

Scorpion F18