Pete, I don't have the details of all the present owners. However, I have in the past sent out emails to all the owners who I have addresses for prior to Mumbles Events but that is a tiny number perhaps around 11 and yet the most recent Stealth was sail No 561 (They started at 500). It's a shame that recently apart from Paul, John Terry, Eric (Pepin), Wayne and myself F16's would basically be seen as a dead Class, especially now that some of the original Datchet F16 sailors have basically retired.
We are not the only Cat Class in the UK which suffers this problem. In the past the F20 started to grow then died away. The Spitfires grew dramatically and now their numbers are falling, on the other hand The A Class numbers appear to be on the increase but we are still only talking about a handful of boats.
You are definitely right about one thing. Pursuading every owner to attend the same Regatta perhaps on a bi-annual basis and not necessarily a National Championships. As you suggest this could help develop friendships and a better understanding of the owners views in regard to UK F16's.
Last weekend there was a F16 TT at Rutland Water SC, only one entered and he is a member there. The weather was brilliant the wind a little shifty and some of the gusts must have been in excess of 22 knots and hit you like a train. I was there racing on an 'A". Friday was a training day and I capsized, the third race on Saturday I capsized and the sixth race on Sunday which I was leading I capsized! I now reckon if there was a Capsize Championship I could be a top favorite to win.

Attached Files
Rutland Falcon 2010.jpg (94 downloads)
Rutland A Classes.jpg (92 downloads)
Last edited by Mark P; 05/17/10 02:25 PM.

MP*MULTIHULLS